Imagine having a business communication system that accelerates business processes and provides a flexible, scalable solution for employees.
Unified Communications enables customers to experience greater productivity through the convergence of communication channels and business processes by using a combination of technologies, devices and services. Communications tools like presence, status, mobility, collaboration, video and voice conferencing, and messaging can all be utilized.
Many are confused as to just what UCaaS really is and how it is used, or how it is actually utilized. We have a series of articles and demo videos that will remove the confusion.
NEC UCaaS OVERVIEW
NEC UCaaS DESKTOP demo:
NECBILE demo: UCaaS MOBILE
NEC’s Unified Communications strategy includes:
- Univerge 3C
- A single, powerful solution that combines innovative IP telephony, UC, mobility and collaboration on a software-based services platform.
- A rich, consistent user experience that streamlines business collaboration.
- Adaptive feature-rich clients that operate consistently across smartphones, tablets and desktops.
- Offers fully integrated communications with intelligent call handling.
- Multimedia collaboration (audio, video and web) allows screen and file sharing plus more in virtual meetings.
- Supports up to 6,000 ports, with up to 20 nodes deployed in the network.
- Certified by JITC (Joint Interoperability Task Command) – meets the most stringent security and interoperability requirements of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
- Accredited as a UC Session Controller (SC) for defense-wide deployments by the DoD’s Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Capabilities Certification Office for meeting military grade security, functionality and reliability requirements.
- Read more here (link to the Univerge 3C brochure)
- UC Suite
- Easy call management through simple-to-use graphical user interfaces.
- Configurability for use as an IP software or on a desktop computer.
- Visual voicemail for quick access to and easy management of inbox and messages.
- Integration with popular contact and CRM applications, including Microsoft® Office Outlook®, Goldmine® and ACT!®.
- The ability to set up “Buddy Lists” for quick access to the people contacted most often.
- Integration with the UNIVERGE® SV9100 Contact Center application for call center functionality.
- Read more here (link to the UC Site brochure)
- UC for Enterprise
- NEC delivers a powerful suit of customizable communications and collaboration tools to meet the ever-changing demands of today’s workforce.
- The result is a responsive workplace where employees have real-time access to information, colleagues and customers as well as the freedom to communicate however, whenever and wherever they need to work.
- Read more here: https://www.necam.com/UnifiedCommunications/UCEnterprise/
- Univerge Business ConneCT
- UNIVERGE Business ConneCT, NEC’s all-in-one Unified Communications & Collaboration suite, integrates all communication streams in a single view, giving employees easy control over how to be contacted, via a choice of devices.
- Business ConneCT adds call control, presence, voicemail, operator and directory services, as well as a comprehensive omni-channel Contact Center to your NEC communication server.
- Read more here (Link to brochure)
- Nurse Call: IndigoCare iCall: Seamlessly connecting patients with caregivers
- In environments where patients, nursing personnel, doctors, administrators and external support services must be able to communicate with one another quickly and efficiently, it is essential to have a high-performance nurse call system like IndigoCare’s iCall.
- IndigoCare’s iCall is the first full IP nurse call platform on the market.
- It is also customizable to suit most healthcare environments.
- IndigoCare’s iCall is a full service solution that combines the nurse call system, telephone exchange, NEC’s VoIP solutions and DECT mobile handsets along with a personal location system.
- The distributed architecture of IndigoCare’s iCall and tight integration with NEC’s UNIVERGE® SV9000 Series communication platforms ensures a high level of flexibility for the budget-conscious facility.
- A full range of call stations that can be individually and remotely programmed.
- Hands-free communication with patient by simply dialing the room’s NEC IP desktop telephone.
- Offers remote access/installation/maintenance / diagnostics up to the level of any intelligent room call button via browser over any PC, smartphone or tablet.
- Allows for a gradual migration by repurposing and/or integrating existing nurse call infrastructure and hardware.
- Supports an Android™ mobile nurse desk application which turns NEC’s UT880 telephone into a master station to monitor all nurse call alarms.
- Read more here (link to brochure)
- SDN Enabled Unified Communications: Collaborate better using NEC ProgrammableFlow Controller and Univerge 3C for Campus SDN Network
- Solution Advantages:
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN) architecture, based on NEC’s ProgrammableFlow Controller, with UNIVERGE 3C Unified Communications (U3C) solution, delivers simplified provisioning and dynamic, on demand, allocation of critical network resources. Using NEC’s ProgrammableFlow SDN controller, with U3C, QOS control, dynamic bandwidth allocation and network policy enforcement is now possible.
- Read more here: https://www.necam.com/sdn/Solutions/SDNUnifiedCommunication/