Reports to: Director of Operations
Established in 1989, Meteortel is Canada’s leading independent full service voice and data specialist. We offer a comprehensive communications portfolio, from telecommunication systems, to wireless offices, to fully converged voice and data networks. Our portfolio includes PBX, IP PBX, IP enabled, and Key Telephone Systems from Nortel. Applications such as Contact Centre, IVR, CTI, Voicemail, Unified Messaging, Unified Communications, and Mobility provide productivity-boosting results. The suite of peripheral products – GN Netcom and Plantronics headsets, refurbished telephones, Dees recording devices, and Polycom speakerphones and Conferencing solutions – complete the Smart IP communications solutions.
Provide quality customer service with the installation, service, repair and maintenance of customer voice and data communications and related equipment according to job order specifications, standards and procedures.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Resolve customer service issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Engage 2nd and 3rd level support when necessary.
- Installation of all equipment as per manufacturers documented procedures.
- Ensure customer requirements are understood and appropriately implemented.
- Maintain accurate paperwork including records of hours, travel and materials used.
- Monitor and report service/Move, Add, Change/Project order changes.
- Conduct site surveys and provide accurate and complete information of results and/or findings.
- Respond to and resolve all calls when acting as “on call” technician.
- Communicate and interface with departmental managers and staff to review any ongoing projects or outstanding customer issues.
- Responsible for maintenance of company vehicle.
- Interface with contractors for installations and projects where required.
- Recommend service enhancements and/or refer any new sales opportunities to the Director of Sales.
- Maintain vehicle inventory in accordance with company policy.
- Actively contribute to customer presentations and solutions development when required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- Technical knowledge of telecommunications, datacom, IP, IP Telephony, IT systems and technologies.
- Experience with the Nortel product lines.
- High school degree.
- Post secondary school certificate in Telecommunications an asset.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Energetic and self-motivated with a passion for customer service.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrates ethical conduct, establishing an atmosphere of professionalism and support for clients both internal and external.
- Provides necessary candid and timely feedback to fellow employees and managers, addressing performance issues that affect customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers and management.
To apply for this position, please email your resume (Word or PDF format). Your cover letter should outline how your skills and experience will best suit our requirements. We thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.